I Heart Demi Lovato Party!

 
  
 
Well it has been about a month since we celebrated my oldest daughter's 8th birthday and I have been forgetting to share her party. 
Janelle is a huge fan of Demi Lovato right now as I know quite a few young girls...{and olders girls..heehee}are as well!  I think she is a great role model for young girls and has overcome a lot and has now embraced the realization that it is better to be yourself and stay strong in who you are. 
Juli Labrecque Photography was on hand to capture the day and she did an awesome job!   
Our birthday girl wanted to include Demi Lovato's favorite colors red and black and we added pink which is still a favorite of Janelle's.
 
 
 
For the dessert table we had to include some chocolate covered oreos and also made as per request of the birthday girl some raspberry coconut cubes that Janelle found in this cookbook.  Also included were chocolate pretzel microphones, vanilla cake pops and bubblegum {another favorite}.  Janelle also stated that we had to include edible image cookies of Demi Lovato and macarons.  I had ordered macarons from Bridge City Cakes once again but then they cancelled on me so I went to work making my own for the party.  I do love making them I just have come across some difficulties before making them and thought why not let the pro make them for me.  Guess they are encountering problems as well they said. 
 
 













 
The cake was red velvet filled with cream cheese on one tier and lemon cake and cream cheese frosting on the other tier.
Dessert table food labels and coconut cube flags were custom made from Anna and Blue Paperie and fit the theme perfectly.
For the table I found paper plates and printed napkins from the local Dollar Store. 
Wooden forks were found at In The Clear
.








 
 
Concert ticket invitations were found at Says-it.com where you can personalize tickets among other things. 
Each guest was welcomed to the party with a Demi Lovato backstage pass that I created and laminated at the local Staples store.  Then the guests spent the afternoon with a game of pass the microphone. My husband built a stage for the girls to perform their Karaoke versions of Demi Lovato songs which the girls seemed to enjoy!   
Janelle's friends were all given a mix cd of her favorite Demi Lovato songs as well as some candy, glow bracelets and tattoos--a Demi Lovato signature in favor bags from Layer Cake Shop where I found the paper straws and microphone molds.

 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 


5 comments:

Tay said...
November 20, 2012 at 4:32 AM

I loved this. Such a cool idea.

vixen Made said...
November 20, 2012 at 7:40 AM

Awww!! So great to see pics. Everything looks so great! I'd love to feature this, if I can!

Candy and Cake said...
November 21, 2012 at 7:57 PM

Thanks!
I just saw your comment now. I never go on here...so bad!
Sure, if your sure you want to!?

Anti Money Laundering said...
December 13, 2012 at 12:07 AM

So cool party you have there, the cakes are so cute and really looks delicious. The kids really enjoyed it!

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails